Hi Pedro,

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 12:17:47PM +0100, Pedro Lino wrote:
> Hi Andrea
>
> Thank you for the suggestion. I do not have any dev tools.
> I found an "easier" way: download the MD5 file and check if it matches the
> installer I already have.
>
> I still don't understand why the Revision number on this page (
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/) keeps changing if the
> files inside it are the same (at least the en_US and pt are the same since
> Sep 26th)

The revision is tracked for the whole repository, not at a folder level,
so every commit from every project increases the revision number by one,
see http://markmail.org/search/list:org.apache.incubator.ooo-commits
where the subject indicates the revision number in the form svn commit:
r<revision number>.

> In any case this is all very user un-friendly. I know Apache is not used to
> having non-technical software like an office suite, but this is really
> unmotivating even for users who have some computer knowledge...

That's why I suggested you to subscribe to the mailing list, add
a filter in gmail for the package you are interested in; when done,
unsubscribe from the list.

Uploading the packages is taking too long, I will tell you in the bug
report for the VC redist when I start uploading them, I'm still
uploading Linux 32 bit packages. You can also tell me what package you
want, and I can put it first on the list.

There are lots of things to improve, some are beyond our control; for
example, next time we can do a survey among QA volunteers to get a list
of platforms that are actually going to be tested, so that we upload
those packages first (right now I'm uploading 13 GB of Linux 32 packages
that I guess nobody is going to QA).

The use of subversion, and the upload speed, is beyond our control...

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile