Hi,

> Hmm ... I observe that the "Compile Output" inside QtC sometimes stops while
> linking a library and (using htop) one can see that no other core is used.
> After that further compilations can be seen.
> Maybe the linking of the component A has to be completely finished before
> compiling other files (which might be part of component B which depends on A)?

should not be the case in a plain C/C++ project. Dependencies are tracked on
artifact level which means compilation of product B depending on A can happen
while A is being linked. Just the linkage of B is postponed until A has
completed. Do you have a (minimal) reproduce example showing that behavior?

Richard