> It looks like the value of
> `profiles.mxe-i686-w64-mingw32-static.cpp.toolchainPrefix` was
> incomplete (you can see it from the config pasted above). It should have
> been "i686-w64-mingw32.static-", and after changing it to that value,
> the build started.
>
> So, actually, my problem is solved. It would be super cool if QBS was so
> smart to automatically detect the correct baseProfile to be used when I
> point it to a qmake provided by MXE, and I still need to figure out why
> the toolchainPrefix was only set to `i686-w64`.
I think qbs-setup-toolchains got confused by the "." in the toolchain
prefix. It is usually not expected. The heuristics have been improved in Qbs
1.16. Could you try if it works with the release candidate of Qt Creator
4.12 and otherwise submit a patch for
https://code.qt.io/cgit/qbs/qbs.git/tree/src/app/qbs-setup-toolchains/gccprobe.cpp
?