08.01.2024 19:08, Gerd Hoffmann:
When running qemu with edk2 efi firmware on aarch64 the efi
variable store in pflash can get corrupted.  qemu not doing
proper block writes -- flush all or nothing to storage -- is
a hot candidate for being the root cause.

This little series tries to fix that with an update buffer
where block writes are staged, so we can commit or discard
the changes when the block write is completed or canceled.

It looks like we can pick this up for stable too.  It's not
usual to pick up new features for stable, but this one fixes
actual bug and if not applied, can easily lead to data corruption.

I'd pick it up for 8.2.x and 8.1.x at least.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

/mjt