---- Ben Pfaff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ben Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Enclosed is the latest version of the qemu solaris/sparc patch, applied
> > against yesterday's CVS (post BGR update).
>
> I'm happy to say that this patch makes qemu compile and work on
> Solaris quite nicely for me.  I did have to invoke configure with
> "--extra-ldflags=-lsocket" (and fix configure to put $LDFLAGS in
> the libSDL probing commands).

Odd. It may have something to do with your localized copy of libSDL.
The one from blastwave doesn't require -lsocket.  I've been using
a version of these patches for a year, and never ran into that problem.

>  I also had to override the
> configure script's desire to use /usr/ucb/install instead of GNU
> install.

The configure script wants to use ginstall, assuming you've got it in your
path.  I did not use "install" because there are several variations of install
on Solaris, and configure is coded to make sure you don't use them.

It recommends /usr/ucb/install if you don't have GNU install (or it can't find
it because it's looking for ginstall).  I'll have to check the logic to make
sure

> The former won't let me install without being root,
> because it wants to install everything as a "staff" account; the
> latter will.

That's a localized configuration requirement you have, and that configure should
probably not try to take into account.

> Thanks for making this work!

You're welcome.

Ben