---- jeremy fenelon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey guys thanks for a great product. I don't know if its been documented
> already but I was able to install windows xp  on qemu with a HP Laptop
> Restore disk.

Lucky. I think the last time I tried that, it didn't work because of the
way that HP locked the restore media to the BIOS identifier. Always
wanted to be able to have the Bochs bios have an idenfier setting
I coudl pass in so I could do something like that.

>  I did need my key from the bottom.  I hope this meets the EULA .

Can't tell you if it meets the EULA. I picked up a key when a company
trashed a laptop that still had the key on the bottom.

> My laptop did die last year and I have been wondering what I could do with
> that extra copy.

>  Will Qemu boot a .iso file like ubuntu?

Yes, it's a whole lot easrier than shuffling CD's and DVD's about.