On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 05:26:53PM +0200, Victor Toso wrote:
> This patch series intent is to introduce a generator that produces a Go
> module for Go applications to interact over QMP with QEMU.
>
> This is the second iteration:
>  v1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2023-09/msg06734.html
>
> I've pushed this series in my gitlab fork:
> https://gitlab.com/victortoso/qemu/-/tree/qapi-golang-v2
>
> I've also generated the qapi-go module over QEMU tags: v7.0.0, v7.1.0,
> v7.2.6, v8.0.0 and v8.1.0, see the commits history here:
> https://gitlab.com/victortoso/qapi-go/-/commits/qapi-golang-v2-by-tags
>
> I've also generated the qapi-go module over each commit of this series,
> see the commits history here (using previous refered qapi-golang-v2)
> https://gitlab.com/victortoso/qapi-go/-/commits/qapi-golang-v2-by-patch

I've provided feedback on the various facets of the API in response
to the corresponding patch. Note that I've only addressed concerns
about the consumer-facing API: I have some notes about the
implementation as well, but that's something that we should be able
to easily change transparently so I didn't give it priority.

Overall, I think that the current API is quite close to being a solid
PoC that can be used as a starting point for further development.