On Mon, 8 Jan 2024 at 10:49, Albert Esteve <aest...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2023 at 10:48 PM Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 7 Dec 2023 at 09:55, Albert Esteve <aest...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > v1: https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg1005257.html
>> > v1 -> v2:
>> >   - Solved an unitialized uuid value on vhost-user source
>> >   - Changed cleanup strategy, and traverse all objects in the
>> >     table to remove them instead.
>>
>> Please update the vhost-user specification
>> (docs/interop/vhost-user.rst) so people implementing front-ends and
>> back-ends are aware that only the back-end that added a shared
>> resource can remove it.
>>
>> Acked-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@redhat.com>
>>

> Will do :)
>
> Should I add the `Acked-by` manually to the commits or does it get
> automatically picked up later?

Happy New Year! When a patch series is merged then the maintainer
usually (automatically) picks up trailers from the latest revision on
the mailing list. Trailers from earlier revisions may not be present.

When you respin the patch series then you can add trailers manually
with git rebase -i by adding "x git commit --no-edit
--trailer='Acked-by: Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@redhat.com>'" lines in
between each commit in the rebase list.

Stefan