Hi,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 06:57:20AM +0100, del...@kernel.org wrote:
> From: Helge Deller <del...@gmx.de>
>
> Recognize the qemu --nodefaults option, which will disable the
> following default devices on hppa:
> - lsi53c895a SCSI controller,
> - artist graphics card,
> - LASI 82596 NIC,
> - tulip PCI NIC,
> - second serial PCI card,
> - USB OHCI controller.
>
> Adding this option is very useful to allow manual testing and
> debugging of the other possible devices on the command line.

With this patch in the tree, I get some interesting crashes in Seabios
if I provide a somewhat unusual command line option. For example,
something like

    -usb -device usb-ehci,id=ehci \
    -device usb-uas,bus=ehci.0,id=uas \
    -device scsi-hd,bus=uas.0,scsi-id=0,lun=0,drive=d0 \
    -drive file= ...

is accepted as command line option but results in

SeaBIOS PA-RISC 32-bit Firmware Version 15 (QEMU 8.2.1)
Duplex Console IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 1
  (c) Copyright 2017-2024 Helge Deller <del...@gmx.de> and SeaBIOS developers.
  Processor   Speed            State           Coprocessor State  Cache Size
  ---------  --------   ---------------------  -----------------  ----------
      0      250 MHz    Active                 Functional            0 KB
      1      250 MHz    Idle                   Functional            0 KB
      2      250 MHz    Idle                   Functional            0 KB
      3      250 MHz    Idle                   Functional            0 KB
  Emulated machine:     HP C3700 (64-bit PA2.0) with 32-bit PDC
  Available memory:     1024 MB
  Good memory required: 16 MB
  Primary boot path:    FWSCSI.0.0
  Alternate boot path:  FWSCSI.0.0
  Console path:         SERIAL_2.9600.8.none
  Keyboard path:        SERIAL_2.9600.8.none
*ERROR* in SeaBIOS-hppa-v15:
prepare_boot_path:2898
SeaBIOS wants SYSTEM HALT.

This is without --nodefaults, and it used to work. Is that intentional ?

If I do use the --nodefaults parameter, I was unable to figure out how
to configure the serial console. What command line parameter(s) do I need to
get it ?

Thanks,
Guenter