On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 2:01 AM Richard Henderson
<richard.hender...@linaro.org> wrote:

> The boot process must cooperate somehow.
>
> When using loader, you must link the image such that it loads at the pc reset
> address
> defined by the architecture manual.
>

> r~

I changed my loading options to the following now to have better control:

./qemu-system-msp430 -machine msp430-launchpad -device
loader,file=simple_test.bin,addr=0xFFFE,cpu-num=0,force
-raw=on -d in_asm,out_asm

Here simple_test.bin is the raw binary file converted using objcopy.
addr=0xFFFE is the vector location where the PC will load with the
starting address.

Now how do I load the address in that reset vector location and set my
PC? Is there some example code that I can look at?

-Gautam.