On Thu May 2, 2024 at 9:43 AM AEST, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
> This series does some further clean up mostly around BookE MMU to
> untangle it from other MMU models. It also contains some other changes
> that I've come up with while working on this. The first 3 patches are
> from the last exception handling clean up series that were dropped due
> to some error on CI but I'm not sure if that was because of some CI
> infrastructure problem or some problem with the patches as the error
> did not make much sense. So these patches are only rebased now, I made
> no other change to them until the issue is understood better. The rest
> are new patches I've added since tha last series. Please review.

Not CI infrastructure as far as I could tell it's upstream gitlab.
But I could not figure out how to reproduce at the time... I ended
up running out of time to look too closely though.

I think I won't take the first 2, yes arguably the CPU does execute
the sc instruction, but it's actually a good rule for the exception
handler to be invoked with the nip that caused the exception, and
SRR0/1 to be set by the handler according to semantics.

Thanks,
Nick