On 25 April 2012 06:54, Evgeny Voevodin <e.voevo...@samsung.com> wrote:
> In this patchset refactoring of virtio-mmio layer is made.
> Instead of creating virtio-blk-mmio, virtio-net-mmio, etc on the system bus
> we create virtio-blk, virtio-net, etc devices on the virtio-transport bus.
> To create virtio-transport bus virtio-mmio-transport device provided.
> Transport device plugs into virtio-mmio bus.
> To create virtio-mmio bus virtio-mmio-bridge device provided.

This seems to me to have one more layer than it needs. Why not just:
 create virtio-blk, virtio-net, etc on the virtio-transport bus
 To create virtio-transport bus, we create a virtio-mmio-transport
 device, and this device is a sysbus device.

ie why do you have separate "virtio-mmio-transport" and
"virtio-mmio-bridge" devices, and two different new buses ("virtio-mmio"
and "virtio-transport") rather than just "virtio-transport"?

-- PMM