Hi guys,

I need to run Win7 64bit in Qemu without KVM support. I found a few
messages concerning the "unsupported architecture" problem (Windows
shows a BSOD with "STOP 0x0000005D ..." on boot), for example

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2011-03/msg01623.html
or
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/92457

but I don't think there was ever a solution to the problem - at least
what is proposed does not work (I've tried stable and GIT versions).

Since I have a decent background of modifying the Qemu internals, I'm
more than happy to contribute to solving this issue, but I'm not sure
if anyone is currently working on it (i.e., I don't want to start at 0
in case someone is about to release a patch).

Please let me know if there is already a know solution/workaround or
whoever might be working on it, please ping me so we can sync.

BTW, in case this is necessary, here are the details of what I
need/what is not working:

Qemu: current git-trunk,

x86_64-softmmu$ ./qemu-system-x86_64 --version
QEMU emulator version 1.2.50, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

host: 64bit, Ubuntu LTS12.04

guest: 64bit Windows 7, no KVM possible

Thanks!
-Clemens