Guys,

I know this is question might seem a bit odd, but I'm curious:

Has anyone ever tried to write code to disable KVM on the fly / is it
at all possible? I have a situation where I need to use TCG for
certain parts of the code, but would love to have acceleration for
everything else. My idea was to pause the VM, then use the
snapshotting mechanism to dump the state, and then to resume the
snapshot, but writing the KVM state into the non-KVM structures.

I know nothing of that sort is implemented at this point. Leaving
aside the issue of certain CPUID instructions suddenly returning
different results, are there obvious problems even trying to go down
that road?

Would love to hear some thoughts on this - don't hesitate to tell me
"that's stupid and impossible because XYZ" (assuming you also fill in
the blanks ;) )

Thanks!
Clemens

--