---- Ben Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a couple of win98se guests that I keep around for testing and upgrade
> tests and the like.
>
> The current CVS code has no problem booting these images, but the first
> time I do anything (like read the cdrom, or change directories in windows
> explorer), the guest just hangs.  This seems like a regression.  This happens
> on both iso images and real cdrom's.

I have tracked down the regression to ide.c V1.66.

I have a build from 9/16/07, and replaced V1.64, V1.65 and V1.66 of ide.c only
in this build.

After building all three versions, the last vesion with ide.c V.166 causes
Win98SE
when I click on "MyComputer" to hang, and can only be killed by using the
process manager.  Previous instances of ide.c compiled, and the explorer brings
up all the
devices.

Filip - you have any ideas on this?

Thanks,