On 12/18/2012 08:10 AM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Is it just Debian, or is something really broken there?

Something's broken.  But it's tricky.

For instance, running with -R 2G works, but -R 3G does not.

Now, I'll also note for the record that 2G is the most that
a mips32 userland application ought to be able to reference
anyway -- anything with the high-bit set is by definition
kernel space.

So while I have yet to track down exactly what went wrong,
I have a suspicion that it might actually be related to the
incorrect placement of the objects in the address space.

r~