On Jan 25, 2008, at 1:58 PM, Laurent Vivier wrote:

Le vendredi 25 janvier 2008 à 12:48 +0000, Johannes Schindelin a écrit :
Hi,

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Laurent Vivier wrote:

this patch allows to mount qemu disk images on the host.

This patch has an awful lot of "#ifdef __linux__" in it. But I imagine
that you could use it on a non-linux host, too, for example with yet
another qemu instance running Linux... Or coLinux, if it supports network
block devices somehow.

I certainly saw nothing Linux-specific in the _code_...

Yes, but as I can't test this on something else than linux, I prefer to
disable this part to not break the existing and let competent people
(like you) doing the work (IMHO, I've introduced enough bugs into
Qemu...).

Please make it a seperate define and ifdef then. Something like

#ifdef __LINUX__
#define NBD_SERVER
#endif

#ifdef NBD_SERVER

This way it's a lot easier to distinguish between platform and feature specific code and if someone finds out it works for windows, it's only one line to change.

Regards,

Alex