On 05/21/2013 09:33 AM, Tomoki Sekiyama wrote:
> To enable VSS support in qemu-ga for Windows, header files included in
> VSS SDK is required.
> The VSS support is enabled when the option like below:
>   ./configure --with-vss-sdk="/pass/to/VSS SDK"
>
> VSS SDK is available from:
>   http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23490
>
> To cross-compilie using mingw32 for Linux, you need to setup the SDK on

s/compilie/compile/

There are two mingw projects: mingw (older, 32-bit only) and mingw64
(newer, both 32- and 64-bit support).  The name 'mingw32' is misleading,
as neither project uses it.  Fedora uses mingw64.

> Windows environments to extract headers. You can also extract the SDK
> headers using scripts/extract-vss-headers, written by Paolo Bonzini.

I haven't downloaded the sdk to check for myself; are we breaking any
licensing restrictions by compiling against those files?