On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 09:38:39AM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 22 May 2013 09:37, Michael S. Tsirkin <m...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > It's my fault for running -rc kernels all the time I guess, I get
> > crashes kind of often, and losing more time on make clean
> > on top of reboot annoys me.
> > But we actually could make it robust, even against OS crash. Output to a
> > temporary file then rename.  This hack won't be needed then.
>
> I think that would be better implemented in the compiler/linker :-)

Ow so you mean you want me to run -rc compiler/linker too?

In any case we are generating quite a bit of
code by ourselves, this would need handling,
we can do it uniformly.

> Alternatively, stop doing compiles on horribly unstable kernels.
>
> -- PMM

Well I do lots of kernel development so I dislike the alternatives:
- Compile on a stable kernel, reboot, test, reboot back to stable kernel
- Compile on another box and copy bits over

--
MST