Am 04.06.2013 14:20, schrieb Alexey Kardashevskiy:
> I still have to learn how to force git not to overwrite the original commit
> author :-/
> Is there any way to tell the original creator in the commit message so it
> could live
> in a git forever and survive commit changes?

To fix it up:

git commit --amend --author="Foo Bar <foo@bar>"

If you cherry-pick patches in the first place, the author gets preserved
and you can update them as part of git-rebase or do your modifications
using just git commit --amend.

Note that at least one patch was Author: instead of From: and at least
one two From:s.

Andreas