Hi,

I am a graduate student from CMU and currently working on trying to port
Qemu on plan9. I was trying to initially build a minimal Qemu with the least
set of devices that are necessary to support a machine, however I noticed
that I couldn't understand some of the dependencies such as requiring an
audio driver during initialization. I am currently trying to port just the
i386-softmmu version of Qemu to plan9 to keep things simple, here I noticed
that  pc_init1() initializes a host of devices on the PCI bus like the NIC
card etc and was wondering if there is a bare minimum set of devices that
Qemu needs to be built with ?

Additionally if someone could point me to a to-do list of things to look out
for while porting Qemu on a new platform (new OS/hardware), I would be
extremely grateful.

Thanks & Regards

Ashish