On 01/12/2010 05:51 AM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
Liran Schour wrote:
Move to stage3 only when remaining work can be done below max downtime.
To make sure the process will converge we will try only MAX_DIRTY_ITERATIONS.
OK, that explains now patch 2. But do we have such barrier for memory
migration as well?

No, we explicitly don't because making that decision is a management tool job.

A management tool can force convergence by explicitly stopping the guest.

Iterations is a bad metric because there's no real useful meaning to a user.

Time is probably the best metric and it's easy for a management tool to set a timer to stop the guest if it hasn't completed by a certain time period.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori