On 01/26/2010 04:22 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 01/26/2010 08:15 AM, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 01/26/2010 04:13 PM, Anthony Liguori wrote:
Me too, especially as the whole stack is involved, and qemu is the topmost part from our perspective (no doubt libvirt will want to integrate that functionality as well).

I'm not sure I agree. It would use no code from qemu and really benefit in no way from being part of qemu. I don't feel that strongly about it though.

It would need to know which cpuid bits qemu supports. Only qemu knows that.

I'm not sure I understand why.  Can you elaborate?

If qemu doesn't recognize -cpu qemu64,+nx, then no amount of hardware and kvm.ko support will allow the user to enable nx in a guest.