Peter Maydell writes:

> On 10 March 2016 at 05:29, Lluís Vilanova <vilan...@ac.upc.edu> wrote:
>> Richard Henderson writes:
>>> Alternately... can we broach the subject of C++?  Honestly, it
>>> seems we work too hard sometimes to re-implement templates and
>>> classes in C.
>>
>> Whooo, I'd really *love* to switch to C++ just for templates and
>> classes... But last time this was discussed, the idea wasn't met
>> with much joy :)

> I would be more interested in a proposal to move parts of QEMU
> to Rust, or just about anything else except C++...

QEMU is pretty low-level, so I'm not sure other languages will fit the bill as
good, and for the parts relevant to QEMU you have just as much control of
low-level details as with C (having a very close syntax also helps
transition).

But I'm curious, what'd be the advantage of rust? Cross-language bindings are
usually expensive, and require some duplication for defining structures across
them (maybe it's not the case for rust).

Lluis