On 04/11/2016 06:00 PM, Marcel Apfelbaum wrote:

2). If user doesn`t order msi on(so device have msi on by default),
when msi_init returns -ENOTSUP, I am ok with Markus`s suggestion:
*caller should silently switch to the non-MSI variant*

But now the condition is, qemu can`t distinguish whether user ordered
msi or not, so for the condition 2) above, my suggestion is the same
as 1)

If we can't distinguish between the cases, 2 would not be user-friendly.
Once it would be possible to differentiate we could go for 2.

Hi,

How to differentiate? Do you mean: let these msi(msix) property default to 'off'? It seem most device have it on, a few have it off.

Thanks,
Marcel

--
Yours Sincerely,