On 08/04/2010 12:19 PM, Avi Kivity wrote:
 On 08/04/2010 08:01 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

That's another story and I totally agree here, but not reusing /dev/sd* is not intrinsic in the design of virtio-blk (and one thing that Windows gets right; everything is SCSI, period).

I don't really get why everything must be SCSI. Everything must support read, write, a few other commands, and a large set of optional commands. But why map them all to SCSI? What's the magic?

Because that's what real hardware with only a few rare exceptions.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori