On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 07:31:53AM +0000, Nassim Corteggiani wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> This is the first time I am playing with QEmu.
>

> I made a custom qemu device in oder to monitor all memory accesses (sdram,
> flash, peripherals, gpio, ...).
>

> The device is parent of TYPE_SYS_BUS_DEVICE and implements a MemoryRegionOps
> with read/write functions.
>

> The device is part of virt machine, so I called my device contructor from
> virt.c (fct machvirt_init line 1256).
>
> The constructor set the mmio device range from 0 to RAMLIMIT_BYTES.
>

> The device is well initialized but read/write functions are never called...
>

> Did I miss something ?
>

> If I want to create a dynamically allocated device that can be used by all
> QEmu machine without adding the device constructor for each machine, how can
> I process ?

> That's probably not the way to go about monitoring memory accesses.

> What are you trying to do?

> Stefan

Thank you for your reply Stefan.

I tried to add my MMIO device on an existing machine thinking that memory area
could be "handled" by different devices.
I thought that MMIO device was just notified when IO on a 'monitored' address
space occurs.

I solved the problem by creating a QEmu machine. Then I added my Device as a
MMIO memory space.

Nassim