On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:46:48 -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> From: "Emilio G. Cota" <c...@braap.org>
>
> With this microbenchmark we can measure the overhead of emulating atomic
> instructions with a configurable degree of contention.
>
> The benchmark spawns $n threads, each performing $o atomic ops (additions)
> in a loop. Each atomic operation is performed on a different cache line
> (assuming lines are 64b long) that is randomly selected from a range [0, $r).
>
> [ Note: each $foo corresponds to a -foo flag ]

Hi Richard,

As I mentioned yesterday I have an updated version of this
patch:  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-09/msg03450.html
[ The major change is to run for a certain number of seconds, instead
  of a fixed number of operations. ]

I'll send the full updated patch as a reply to this message to make
it easier to pick up.

Thanks,

                Emilio