On 09/16/2016 04:54 PM, Emilio G. Cota wrote:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 10:46:48 -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
From: "Emilio G. Cota" <c...@braap.org>

With this microbenchmark we can measure the overhead of emulating atomic
instructions with a configurable degree of contention.

The benchmark spawns $n threads, each performing $o atomic ops (additions)
in a loop. Each atomic operation is performed on a different cache line
(assuming lines are 64b long) that is randomly selected from a range [0, $r).

[ Note: each $foo corresponds to a -foo flag ]

Hi Richard,

As I mentioned yesterday I have an updated version of this
patch:  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-09/msg03450.html
[ The major change is to run for a certain number of seconds, instead
  of a fixed number of operations. ]

I'll send the full updated patch as a reply to this message to make
it easier to pick up.

Thanks, applied.

r~