On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 02:01:59PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 19 September 2016 at 13:47, Daniel P. Berrange <berra...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 05:33:57AM -0700,
> > no-re...@ec2-52-6-146-230.compute-1.amazonaws.com wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Your series seems to have some coding style problems. See output below for
> >> more information:
> >>
> >> Type: series
> >> Subject: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v1 0/8] Merge qcrypto 2016/09/19
> >>
> >> === TEST SCRIPT BEGIN ===
> >> #!/bin/bash
> >>
> >> BASE=base
> >> n=1
> >> total=$(git log --oneline $BASE.. | wc -l)
> >> failed=0
> >>
> >> # Useful git options
> >> git config --local diff.renamelimit 0
> >> git config --local diff.renames True
> >>
> >> commits="$(git log --format=%H --reverse $BASE..)"
> >> for c in $commits; do
> >>     echo "Checking PATCH $n/$total: $(git show --no-patch --format=%s
> >> $c)..."
> >>     if ! git show $c --format=email | ./scripts/checkpatch.pl --mailback
> >> -; then
> >>         failed=1
> >>         echo
> >>     fi
> >>     n=$((n+1))
> >> done
> >>
> >> exit $failed
> >> === TEST SCRIPT END ===
> >>
> >> Updating 3c8cf5a9c21ff8782164d1def7f44bd888713384
> >> Switched to a new branch 'test'
> >> bdd8574 crypto: add trace points for TLS cert verification
> >> a5218f2 crypto: support more hash algorithms for pbkdf
> >> 4483f4e crypto: increase default pbkdf2 time for luks to 2 seconds
> >> c75443a crypto: remove bogus /= 2 for pbkdf iterations
> >> 61e0f1a crypto: use correct derived key size when timing pbkdf
> >> 616fc7b crypto: clear out buffer after timing pbkdf algorithm
> >> d4a7ad1 crypto: make PBKDF iterations configurable for LUKS format
> >> f56a5e3 crypto: use uint64_t for pbkdf iteration count parameters
> >>
> >> === OUTPUT BEGIN ===
> >> Checking PATCH 1/8: crypto: use uint64_t for pbkdf iteration count
> >> parameters...
> >> Checking PATCH 2/8: crypto: make PBKDF iterations configurable for LUKS
> >> format...
> >> Checking PATCH 3/8: crypto: clear out buffer after timing pbkdf
> >> algorithm...
> >> Checking PATCH 4/8: crypto: use correct derived key size when timing
> >> pbkdf...
> >> Checking PATCH 5/8: crypto: remove bogus /= 2 for pbkdf iterations...
> >> Checking PATCH 6/8: crypto: increase default pbkdf2 time for luks to 2
> >> seconds...
> >> Checking PATCH 7/8: crypto: support more hash algorithms for pbkdf...
> >> ERROR: if this code is redundant consider removing it
> >> #222: FILE: tests/test-crypto-pbkdf.c:332:
> >> +#if 0
> >>
> >> total: 1 errors, 0 warnings, 194 lines checked
> >
> > Peter, FWIW, I know about this style check error and I'm intentionally
> > ignoring it as I consider it a false positive. IMHO we should probably
> [...]

The data in the test file is a conversion of test data from
cryptsetup. Some are disabled since we don't support the
particular hash algorithms yet, but I've been enabling more,
as in this patch series. IMHO the '#if 0' is appropriate as
this is a marker for future todo items, and if I had deleted
the code as suggested, then whoever adds the extra algorithms
in the future will have to go and find the original test data,
and do a data conversion of it again which is just a waste of
their time.

Regards,
Daniel