On 22 September 2016 at 12:50, Markus Armbruster <arm...@redhat.com> wrote:
> However, in the case we're discussing, we're not doing that!  There is
> no RAM device with a trivial backend folded in.  There's only a weird
> pseudo-device that copies the contents of a file into memory, then sits
> around doing absolutely nothing.

It doesn't sit around doing entirely nothing, it sits around
so that when the machine is reset it can do the copying again...

In any case, I'm going to drop patches 7 and 8 from target-arm.next
for the moment so we can come to a consensus about whether this
should be -device or -object (and possibly respin the patch to
use -object if we decide that; hopefully it should be simple...)
I'll keep patches 1..6 in.

thanks
-- PMM