On Jan 30 2017, Peter Maydell <peter.mayd...@linaro.org> wrote:

> I guess we need to look more carefully at exactly what the
> m68k does for these encodings (maybe have a 'normalize value'
> function which squashes them down to whatever the equivalent
> non-weird encoding is?).

On the m68k, the concept of pseudo-inf/nan doesn't exist, because the
integer bit is don't-care for inf and nan.  The combination of a zero
integer bit with other non-zero biased exponents is called unnormal, and
the 68881/2 will always convert them to normal/denormal/zero on input.
(The 68040/60 don't support denormal/unnormal in hardware and lets the
support library handle them, which presumably works the same way as the
68881/2.)

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, sch...@linux-m68k.org