On 10/18/2010 05:48 PM, Juan Quintela wrote:
Gleb Natapov<g...@redhat.com>  wrote:
>  Add save/restore of MSR for migration and cpuid bit.

It is there a way to test if async page faults are in use?

Yes, msr != 0 -> need a subsection.  Good idea.

if so, we can add a subsection instead of changing the cpuversion.

I think that at some point we are going to need a bitmap that indicates
what MSR's have been used or something like that.

What do you think?

We just need to check if an msr is different from its default value (which we can get by reading msrs immediately after the initial reset).

Currently the reset code assumes msr reset value is zero, that's wrong.