On 07/17/2017 06:41 AM, Eric Blake wrote:

>> This breaks qemu-iotests 140 and 143:
>

>> -can't open device nbd+unix:///drv?socket=TEST_DIR/nbd: No export with name
>> 'drv' available
>> +can't open device nbd+unix:///drv?socket=TEST_DIR/nbd: Requested export not
>> available for option 7 (go)
>> +export 'drv' not present
>>
>> We could just update the reference output, but I actually believe the
>> old error message was better.
>
> One line is indeed better than two; I'm still playing with the easiest
> way to get the desired output.

The fact that output is two lines is because the client is now replaying
the server's error message (something that was not previously possible,
prior to NBD_OPT_GO).  Dropping that information may not hurt in this
case, but it's nice to show the server's message when one is present.
Maybe I can change this to:

can't open device nbd+unix:///drv?socket=TEST_DIR/nbd: Requested export
not available
server reported: export 'drv' not present

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266