It looks like qemu without any specific -soundhw CLI option uses pulseaudio.
So I still think a -soundhw none would be nice to have.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of qemu-
devel-ml, which is subscribed to QEMU.

Title:
  Please support "-soundhw none"

Status in QEMU:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  qemu currently provides a default set of sound hardware.  The -soundhw
  option can change that default set, such as by using "-soundhw pcspkr"
  to disable most of it, but no "-soundhw none" option exists to disable
  all of it.  As far as I can tell, disabling the default sound hardware
  requires specifying -nodefaults and then manually specifying all the
  desired hardware, leaving out sound hardware.

  Please consider adding support for "-soundhw none", to disable all the
  default sound hardware.