> > > Nice!

> > > The problem is that you won't be able to add intel-pt to any CPU
> > > model unless the feature is made migration-safe (by not calling
> > > kvm_arch_get_supported_cpuid() from cpu_x86_cpuid()).
> >
> > Hi Eduardo,
> >     Have some question need you help clear. What is
> >     "migration-safe" feature mean? I find all the feature which
> >     included in CPU model (builtin_x86_defs[]) will make
> >     "xcc->migration_safe = true;" in
> >     x86_cpu_cpudef_class_init(). If create a Skylake guest on
> >     Skylake HW and live migrate this guest to another machine
> >     with old HW(e.g Haswell). Can we think the new feature or
> >     cpu model(Skylake guest) which only supported in Skylake HW
> >     is safe?
>
> I mean matching the requirements so we can say the feature is migration-safe,
> that means exposing the same CPUID data to the
> guest on any host, if the machine-type + command-line is the same.  The data
> on CPUID[7] is OK (it changes according to the
> command-line options only), but the data exposed on CPUID[14h] on this patch
> is not migration-safe (it changes depending on the
> host it is running).

Many thanks for your clarification.  I think I have understood. But CPUID[14h]
is depend on CPUID[7].EBX[bit25] and it would be zero if CPUID[7].EBX[bit25] is
not set. Or what you concerned is make live migration on two different HW which
all support Intel PT virtualization but have different  CPUID[14h] result? This
may need to think about.

Thanks,
Luwei Kang