On 17 February 2018 at 13:23, Alex Bennée <alex.ben...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Peter Maydell <peter.mayd...@linaro.org> writes:
>> If you persuade git to use the --minimal, --patience or --histogram
>> git diff option when generating these patches you'll find that it
>> doesn't produce unreadable patches that provoke all the checkpatch
>> warnings.
>
> I think this is patchew getting confused

Oh yes, sorry. Fam, can we update patchew's git config to use
  git config --global diff.algorithm histogram
(equivalently, algorithm = histogram in the .gitconfig) -- that
way the patches it runs checkpatch on are more likely to be
formatted so that they minimise spurious checkpatch output, I think.

thanks
-- PMM