On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 12:32:04PM +0100, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> Am 22.02.2018 um 12:01 hat Peter Lieven geschrieben:
> > Am 22.02.2018 um 11:57 schrieb Kevin Wolf:
> > > Am 20.02.2018 um 22:54 hat Paolo Bonzini geschrieben:

> > > I think John intended to get rid of the recursion sometime, but I doubt
> > > he has had the time so far.
> >
> > Apart from this is is possible to define special cflags in the
> > Makefile.objs just for a subdirectory? I have patches ready to make
> > the block layer files and other coroutine users compile with
> > -Wstack-size=2048. But I do not want to specify each file separately.
>
> Our Makefiles have lines like this:
>
>     iscsi.o-cflags     := $(LIBISCSI_CFLAGS)
>
> I don't think there is a direct mechanism to apply cflags to a whole
> directory or just to block-obj-y/block-obj-m, but just looping over them
> could work. I'm not a Makefile expert at all, but after some toying with
> a simple example, something like this might work:
>
>     $(foreach x,$(block-obj-y),$(eval $x-cflags += -Wstack-size=2048))

You'll need it for anything block layer depends on too - so that's much
of util/, crypto/ and io/ directories at least.

So perhaps it would be shorter if we do the opposite - set -Wstack-size=2048
globally for everything in QEMU, and then override -Wstack-size=$BIGGER
for the (hopefully) few sources that have a larger stack need ?

Regards,
Daniel