On 02/23/2018 08:33 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 23.02.2018 12:50, Viktor Mihajlovski wrote:
On 23.02.2018 11:17, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 23.02.2018 09:53, Christian Borntraeger wrote:
Hmmm, on my ubuntu 16.04 guest, I get the boot menu with no timeout even if I
do not
specify loadparm or boot menu:

qemu-kvm -drive file=/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/image.zhyp140,if=none,id=d1 -device
virtio-blk-ccw,drive=d1,bootindex=1
I can reproduce this now, too. FWIW: It only happens with
virtio-blk-ccw, not with virtio-scsi-ccw (that's why I did not notice it
first). Collin, can you reproduce this, too?

  Thomas
The idea is to support the zipl boot menu on ECKD disks (which have a timeout
by themselves)
even without switching the boot menu on. This is to have the same behavior as
one would see
on LPAR or z/VM.
The issue is that the boot code tries to interpret the program table of SCSI
bootmaps as if
a boot menu has been specified.
Ok, thanks for the explanation, makes sense now.

Collin, could you please spin a v9 with the required changes included?

  Thanks,
   Thomas

I see.  I overlooked that we could treat a SCSI device as a CCW device.  The proposed change makes sense.
I'll respin 9 and reply to this chain.

--
- Collin L Walling