On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 05:07:56PM +0800, Fam Zheng wrote:
> On Wed, 04/04 09:23, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 10:51:59AM +0800, Fam Zheng wrote:
> > > ./configure and make now take care of submodules, we only need to clone
> > > the top tree.
> >
> > If you don't include the submodules in the tar.gz archive, then the
> > test system needs to be able to clone them from qemu.org, which
> > requires networking.
> >
> > The VM tests have networking by default, but the docker tests do
> > not have networking - you need to opt-in by setting NETWORK=1
> > make variable. So AFAICT, this will break docker tests.
>
> Yes, I'll revise the patch.

BTW, I can't help feeling that scripts/archive-source.sh should not even
exist. We already have scripts/make-release that has significant overlap
of functionality and is used by 'make dist'. Ideally imho we should be
able to either invoke 'make dist' for testing, or call make-release.

Regards,
Daniel