On 5 April 2018 at 14:34, KONRAD Frederic <frederic.kon...@adacore.com> wrote:
> On 04/05/2018 03:31 PM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
>> Luckily in my case I can workaround with a 4K SRAM, but it took me hours
>> to track this down until Paolo helped me.

> I seems to remember having the same pain with the mmio execution
> stuff. It triggered a bad ram pointer as far a I remember.

I think this would once have ended up in report_bad_exec()
which prints a more-or-less helpful message. However for CPUs
which now implement the unassigned-access or transaction-failed hooks
you'll get a guest exception instead now, I guess.

Incidentally we really ought to fix the interaction of
mmio-exec and migration, rather than just leaving it as it
is (disabling migration for xilinx_qspips device).

thanks
-- PMM