"Peter Maydell" <peter.mayd...@linaro.org> wrote on 04/06/2018 12:21:37
> On 6 April 2018 at 18:06, <alar...@ddci.com> wrote:
> > FWIW, the compile had some anomalous behavior:
> > .../qemu-2.12.0-rc2/scripts/feature_to_c.sh: line 71: /usr/bin/sed:
> > Invalid argument
> > line 71 is:
> > arrayname=xml_feature_$(echo $input | sed 's,.*/,,; s/[-.]/_/g')
> > Not sure what the problem is, but I always use "-e" before scripts.
> That's a bit odd. (POSIX allows both "-e script" and just "script".)
> What version of sed is this, and what version of /bin/sh ?
I don't know what the issue is. When I execute that command from my
normal bash shell, it works just fine. This is current Cygwin, so:
qemu$ sed --version
sed (GNU sed) 4.4
Packaged by Cygwin (4.4-1) ...
qemu$ /bin/sh --version
GNU bash, version 4.4.12(3)-release (x86_64-unknown-cygwin) ...
Perhaps I misread the sed manual, but I thought when you used a character
than "/", you had to preface the character with a backslash, e.g.,
But, the above is all just speculation. I don't know what the real
FWIW, I rebuilt twice more and the error didn't show up again, but I did
get some other spurious errors, one from GCC "invalid argument" and
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc: Device or resource busy
stubs/notify-event.o] Error 126
So perhaps it is just normal Cygwin "fork" errors, or my use of "make
I think you can ignore this. Sorry for the spam.