Ah I see, that makes sense and the atb instructions are marked as unused in the
mainline which when I compared I recall now that we modifed them because the
guest software we are running is trying to use those special registers.

I added the wrappers into those function, is that correct?

Thanks for the help.

Darrell

On 4/11/18, 4:39 PM, "Richard Henderson" <richard.hender...@linaro.org> wrote:

    On 04/12/2018 04:18 AM, Darrell Leinwand wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I enable icount using an e5500 core I get an exit with “Bad icount
    > read” when the guest software executes a load atbu command.

    Yep, it looks like there are some bugs in the ppc front end wrt icount.

    In target/ppc/translate_init.c, spr_read_tbu has the proper wrappers for
    integrating with icount, but a few lines lower spr_read_atbl and
spr_read_atbu
    do not.

    This will probably have to wait until the 2.13 cycle to fix...

    r~

    PS:

    > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail and any
accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential,
proprietary to Performance Software, or otherwise protected from disclosure. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been
addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail
and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination,
distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than
the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

    You really should strip this from your signature when posting to a public
list.