On 05/17/2018 04:21 PM, Cornelia Huck wrote:
How about force-orb-pfch or force-orb-pbit (PoP name) for the property
and with underscores for the variable. My idea was (starting from your
force_pfch) to spell out that we are fiddling with that orb bit.
force-orb-pfch looks reasonable to me.

Can I/do I have to document the property somewhere? Telling the whole
story with the name is going to be difficult.
The description member would require that you define your own property
type IIUC, which I think would be overkill. So I'd add a comment in the
source code.

I'm afraid you misunderstood me. I was thinking manual type documentation.
AFAIK the property would provide what was called online help if my memory
does not fail me (I mean in-application help like -h or context-sensitive
help) only. That is, it ain't used to generate a portion of the manual.

Anyway, I agree, for this particular property we can live with only people
that are not afraid of examining the code having enough info to use it.

I will prepare a v2 tomorrow based the proceedings of the
discussion here.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,
Halil