On 11/2/2018 10:55 AM, Alex Bennée wrote:

Chris Friesen <chris.frie...@windriver.com> writes:
Given the "not initialized" message on the console, I wasn't sure
whether the kernel had even started yet.

There will be a lot that happens between the kernel decompressing and
some sort of video hardware output being started. You didn't say what
guest architecture you were booting or what your qemu command line was.
You might want to look at enabling the serial console and seeing if you
get some clues from that.

The qemu commandline is in the "ps" output in my original message. Guest arch is x86-64.

The serial console is a good idea, will try that.

Chris