Hi Devang,

On 21.03.2011, at 09:17, Devang S wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This year i am not eligible to participate in gsoc. But really want to
> contribute to qemu project.
>
> Do i have any chance?
> Do you mentor projects outside gsoc?
> Can I somehow contribute to qemu project, out of the gsoc?
> Can I get mentor outside of the gsoc, like other organizations provide?

This mostly depends on two factors:

1) Would you have been accepted as student for gsoc?

There's a certain skill level required to participate. If for example I'd have
to spend 3 weeks full-time explaining things before you even could get started
with real work, unfortunately the trade-off is too bad.

2) Is there anyone willing to mentor the project you're trying to do?

Qemu is a very broad project. If you happen to choose a part of it that nobody
understands, you might end up not getting anyone willing to mentor you :).

Also keep in mind that Qemu is an open source project, so we all mentor each
other all the time. That's what this whole patch review thing is about :).

Alex