On Sat, 16 Mar 2019, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
В сообщении от Saturday 16 March 2019 20:53:01 вы написали:
On 3/15/19 9:06 PM, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
hopefully it will stay this way.
Anyone know what license I must pick for this?
3-clause BSD? 4-clause BSD? (from Copyright file it lists 4 terms)
4-clause BSD is incompatible with the GPL, and thus cannot be used for
qemu. (2-clause and 3-clause are okay, though).
* $Id: Copyright,v 126.96.36.199 2006/09/14 01:59:06 root Exp $ */
* Copyright (c) 2000-2002 Opsycon AB (www.opsycon.se)
* Copyright (c) 2000 Rtmx, Inc (www.rtmx.com)
* Copyright (c) 2001 ipUnplugged AB (www.ipunplugged.com)
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed for Rtmx, Inc by
* Opsycon Open System Consulting AB, Sweden.
* This product includes software developed by Opsycon AB.
* This product includes software developed by ipUnplugged AB.
Indeed, this is the advertising clause of the 4-clause BSD, which
renders this license unsuitable for use with GPL projects.
Ow. Ok, then I just leave it as-is, github already showing this text as license,
and while qemu as project can't use this firmware - users still can.
Also, there seems to be another pmon branch on github:
https://github.com/jcowgill/pmon-loongson - but I haven't tested it.
And also two more linked from here:
Probably there are even more but none with an easy to build pmon.bin for
fulong2e board I know of, or one that matches the pmon_2e.bin banary
available which seems to be the original firmware of the board. Therefore
providing a tested firmware from QEMU would simplify user's life trying
this board. So at least we could gather this info somewhere on qemu.org.
Morever, what lives in
seems to be THIRD branch of pmon, at least radeon-specific file is different,
and apparently solved bug I solved independently. (there was confusion between
Bytes per pixel and Bits per pixel)
* 4. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products
* derived from this software without specific prior written permission.