On 2019-09-12 12:20, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
On Sun, Sep 08, 2019 at 11:22:00PM +0200, Kővágó, Zoltán wrote:
Hi,

This is the v2 of my patch series that makes mixeng optional and enables
more than two audio channels.

Changes from v1:

* renamed "mixeng" option to "mixing-engine"
* dropped patch "audio: remove hw->samples, buffer_size_in/out pcm_ops"

What is the testing status of this?

I've ran some very simple audio playback tests, here are my results:
* alsa - works
* pa - works
* oss - works, but it looks like I have to specify both in.dev and out.dev if the default /dev/dsp does not exist, otherwise I just get a generic "Could not init `oss' audio driver". We need a better error message here IMHO.
* sdl - works
* spice - yes, it's broken now, I'll fix it in the next update. I've also found a second bug (SIGSEGV if the guest starts playing while no client is connected).

What about windows+macos?

No idea, I don't have a windows or mac computer. I could try it in a windows VM though, if I figure out how to compile qemu on windows.

Regards,
Zoltan