On 11 July 2011 16:23, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Doesn't arm_boot.c already load an arbitrary binary when the image is
> neither a kernel ELF or uboot image?  I don't know the arm_boot.c
> details but skimming the source shows it already does
> load_image_targphys().

The assumption is that an ELF image is a random raw binary,
and a non-ELF image is an actual kernel. I hate this and
would much rather we had a more generic way of saying "look,
just load this ELF file into physical memory please" (and
that -kernel always treated its argument as an actual kernel,
but that would break backwards compatibility :-()

-- PMM

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of qemu-
devel-ml, which is subscribed to QEMU.

Title:
  No option to load additional binary files from command line in QEMU

Status in QEMU:
  New

Bug description:
  There is no command line option like -kerner, or -initrd to load an
  arbitrary binary file to a RAM location when launching QEMU.