On 7/3/20 3:23 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 at 14:39, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <f4...@amsat.org> wrote:
>>
>> As we have no interest in the underlying block geometry,
>> directly call blk_getlength(). We have to care about machines
>> creating SD card with not drive attached (probably incorrect
>> API use). Simply emit a warning when such Frankenstein cards
>> of zero size are reset.
>
> Which machines create SD cards without a backing block device?

The Aspeed machines:
https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg718116.html

> I have a feeling that also the monitor "change" and "eject"
> commands can remove the backing block device from the SD card
> object.

This is what I wanted to talk about on IRC. This seems wrong to me,
we should eject the card and destroy it, and recreate a new card
when plugging in another backing block device.

Keep the reparenting on the bus layer, not on the card.